September 17, 2014

restoring an old mirror

I bought this mirror at the thrift store on base in Georgia and it sat in my garage for a long time, then we moved it back to Nevada with us, where it sat in our garage for a while longer. I had my sweet friend Karlie visiting and we decided to tackle the mirror!



I thought that the mirror was wood, but it turned out to be a hard plastic. We sanded it anyways to make sure that the paint would stick. (please disregard the crazy garage in the background)

We took the backing off and took out the mirror so that we could paint the front. We got white spray paint (one that bonds to plastic) and went to town. After the white was done we did some gold accents. (please also disregard my dirty foot)



And that is all! Here is the final piece! Before and After



6 comments:

  1. That upcycle turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really excited about it and think it was the perfect fit for me! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! That looks great! I have so many things in my house that need updating, including a very similar mirror! This is definately getting bookmarked. :)

    Kelly Del Valle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope that you have fun doing some projects like this one!

      Delete
  3. that looks so amazing! i love the gold detail & it looks stunning in your house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...