June 24, 2015

What's up Wednesday




This is from one of our trips out driving through the historic west side of town... one of my FAVORITE spots! There is so much beauty at every driveway like the one above.



Maybe it's just me, but today feels like a Monday.... Thankfully though, we are already half way through this week!

Here is what's going on around here!



What we're drinking this week:



I got this super cute drink jar to put water and fruit mixes in to add flavor to the water! I haven't tried too many mixes yet, but so far my favorite has been blackberries and strawberries!! I have seen some other mixes like, cucumber, lemon, and orange! YUM! I can't wait to try more!



What I'm reminiscing about:



The sweetest little boog I know! My precious little pup turned 9 years old this week!! We got her when she was about 6 months old and we have been through so much together! I know she is a dog, but she is my sweet Hubble! So happiest birthday to one of the sweetest things to grace my life. You have taught me patience, love, humility. You have been there for me through the hardest of times and through the best of times, you have let me cry on your shoulder, hug you tight, kiss your cute little ears, dance with you around the house! You don't laugh at my singing, and you are always overjoyed when I get home. You are one of my favorite things in this life and I am eternally grateful for everything you are!! I only pray that you know how deeply, greatly, and wholly you are cherished and loved!! Thank you for being my sweet little bear!



What I'm loving:



Here in the valley it is quite windy and I often complain as it blows my hair all around knotting it up and making it impossible (and hurt terribly) to comb through, but there is a silver lining to this windy wind, and that is being able to watch the trees blow in the wind and the sound it makes. It's very therapeutic! So while I don't love the wind so much, I super love watching it and listening to it.



What we've been up to:



Driving around the historic west side of town. It's my favorite part of town and it's just full of streets (and yards) lined with tall trees, white picket fences, and beautiful houses! I love the way the sun was peeking through the trees in this yard, and the cute little kid's bike, and the bit of wrap around porch you can see. It's easy to fall in love with the neighborhoods down there. The first picture at the beginning of this post is another font yard from our exploring.



What I'm dreading:

Making doctor's appointments. I have a little list of things I need to make appointments for, but I'm really not looking forward to making any of them. I'm not a huge fan of going to the doctor. Why can't my mom do this for me and then I have to go, because mom said so....



What I'm working on:



Getting the yard and garage cleaned up. I spent the day weeding yesterday and I'm super sore and sunburned... I seem to always forget sunscreen... or maybe I just think I won't need it? But I need to start making it a conscious thought to use it! 



What I'm excited about:

For some summer craft projects I have. I have picture frames I need to spray paint, I have a little drawer stand that I'm going to sand and paint, and a dresser that I need to sand, and re-build parts of, and then paint. 



What I'm watching:



-Pretty Little Liars - Y'all I can't stop watching... I need to know everything!
-Ink Master - I don't know how I found this, I think it just popped up on Hulu, but we are really enjoying the series, it's so interesting to see all the tattoos and the artistry in them!
-The Last Man on Earth - Mr. Miller... This show is really funny, and if I can quote Derek (although he may deny saying this) "It's basically the best show on ever made!" 



What I'm listening to:



I have a playlist that is set to random and it goes on anytime I go in the car, shower, chores, or out for a walk, but a couple of my favorites as of late are these three:
-Bride & Groom - this adorable singer/songwriter/folk couple are quite the duo! Kaitlyn plays the cello and Jesse is on guitar and the combination of their playing and their voices is just magic! They have a new album coming out soon! (or if you were a pledger you might already have their new album) You can learn more about them here. (a couple favorite songs are Blackbird in a Cage and Born to Roam (number 1 & 3), On the Run (number 1)
Oliver Dragojević - His beautiful raspy voice mixed with Stjepan Hauser's cello makes this album one of the most dreamy! A few of my favorites from this album are Pismo Moja, Brod u Boci, & Galeb i Ja
2CELLOS - of course this is on my list... these guys are genius! The arrangements they come up with are so perfect! And they are making music videos for all of their songs on their most recent album! Here are some of my favorites - They Don't Care about Us, Mombasa, The Trooper, and basically everything else they do!



What I'm wearing:

This second I'm wearing pajamas (thanks to my sunburn), but I got these super flowy pants from Walmart that I have been LOVING! They are so soft and comfortable!! And of course It's summer so I'm living in sandals!!



What I'm doing this weekend:

We might tackle some yard work, and I hope to get started on some of my summer projects (or perhaps finish some that I started earlier this year and never finished)!



What I'm looking forward to next month:

The 4th of July! We are going to cook out and shoot of some fireworks that Derek got for his birthday... I probably couldn't begin to tell you how excited he is about them! And also I'm super excited to dig into fitness! I am doing the Fit Girl Challenge with a friend and I'm so excited to get started!




I'm linking up with Mel & Shay

2 comments:

  1. i love your jar for your water and putting fruit in it! We have a garden that needs tidying up too! Hey, you're already sunburnt you are welcome to come do ours :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it at Big Lots!! Haha I'd love to!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...