July 29, 2014

what's in my bag - the circle monthly link up


I am new to the blogging world and I have really enjoyed finding a bunch of blogs to follow and slowly getting to know (through their posts) the girls behind them! One of the blogs I found was In Its Time - Kiki is a beautiful woman who loves God and people! She is also the creator of "The Circle" a monthly link up for bloggers to get to know each other a little better! This month's link up "What's in My Bag" is hosted by Kiki and Meg from Rivers and Roads. So... here is what's in my bag! (Bag from Forever 21)

The Essentials:
No matter what bag I'm using these are the items that MUST be in it at all times! 
Hand sanitizer (I still wash my hands, but there are times when I wish I could but don't have the capabilities), lotion, chapstick (yes that is Sebastian LiP SMACKERS), sunglasses, car keys (the cat ears keychain is a self defense weapon and the horse shoe is a "friendship" keychain that Derek and I got before we started dating almost 10 years ago! It is one of my favorite things! The little grey thing is my electronic entry key for the gym), my wallet, and my phone.



1. wallet: I don't keep my ID or debit card in here, but I do keep gift cards, cash (if I carry it), and stamps in it. (wallet from Marshall's)

2. business wallet: I keep a separate wallet for my business because I need to keep receipts or if I need to write a check or if I pick up a check I want to keep it separate from my personal stuff so that I don't accidentally use the wrong card (this may or may not have happened in the past) (wallet from Target)

3. coin purse & keys: I have always carried a coin purse! I've had many through out the years and most were received as a gift, but this is the first one I have purchased (from Old Navy) for myself! How could I not, hello cute pineapples! Car keys and I keep the house key and mail key on a separate chain so that when I go out for a walk I don't have to carry a bunch of keys.

4. medicine & toiletries bag: This bag has a lot of basic things, bandaids, bobby pins, hair clips (both of which I never use, but maybe someone else will need one), nail clippers, tweezers, a Christmas nail file, Lilly Pulitzer mirror (I've never owned anything of hers and this was given to me as a gift but I love her funky designs and bright colors), feminine products, my pill case - that has tums, tylenol, and heartburn pills. The sparkly rock is something that Derek and I bought on our 2nd Valentine's day. We got two, one for him and one for me. We carried them around (in my purse and his pocket) as a daily reminder of each other, but when he almost lost his, we decided it might be best for me to keep them both. I don't always see it, but I always know it's there. (bag from target)

5. technology bag: "Yes I love technology, but not as much as you, you see..." Portable iPhone charger (for when I've been playing on my phone too much and I don't have a wall near by), iPhone 5/5s charger converter, olloclip

6. fresh breath bag: Gum and mints - I usually keep gum in my mouth because I tend to bite my cheeks when I'm nervous or bored or driving or standing, or waiting, or talking or... you get it... but if I have gum in my mouth I don't mess with them. (bag from target)

7. iPhone: Where would I be without my phone!? My phone case is from Charlotte Russe last year sometime - I loved it so much that I got it in mint too!

8. perfume, flossers, & brush: I'm not sure if you can read the label, but the perfume bottle says "Designer Perfume" don't let that fool you! I got this from Big Lots for $1! I like to keep this with me though in case I forgot to put some on at home or if I'm feeling stinky. The little flossers case is awesome! I used to keep a few in a little bag but the ends kept poking through and getting dirty and I'd have to throw them away before I got to use them! I found this little thing at Walmart and it came with two cases (mine were purple and pink). I also got the retractable brush from Walmart, it has a little mirror inside - if you know me then you know I don't do my hair, but Carson is SUPER windy so it's nice to have this little thing close by so that I can brush through the madness of wind-blown hair.

9. hand sanitizer, lotion, chapstick: I saw this recently and thought it was funny (they all are because so many are true!) but I only use it if I can't get to a sink and soap! Lotion and chapstick is a must if you live in the desert or any dry climate, so you will never catch me without these! I love LiP SMACKER chapstick and have all of the disney princess ones!

10. glasses: I don't need glasses all the time, mainly when driving (especially at night) or if we go to the movies. But occasionally my eyes get really tired and I will need them for driving earlier in the day.

11. disposable camera: I don't normally keep this in my purse, but recently I spent some time with my grandma and I got two of these for a personal project and I didn't finish the second one. So I've kept it in my purse in hopes that I will eventually take the last four pictures that are on it!

12. wallet & sunglasses: I love this wallet! I have had it for so long, so I barely remember where I got it... the Icing I think at a mall somewhere. I haven't used any other kind of wallet (as an actual wallet) for years and years! It is perfect for keeping everything I need, ID, debit card, and of course business cards. These sunglasses are my new favorites! I love how they brighten up everything but still block out the harsh light of the sun!

13. notebook & pen: I am always in need of a notebook, even in the days of iPhones -  which I still use for notes. The sharpie pen is my favorite pen! Its smooth and easy to write with, I have it in a bunch of colors!

Not pictured: gum wrappers and a Starbucks lid plug



In Its Time
What's in your bag??

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I don't get to carry a purse these days, but maybe I'll write about what's in my diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should!! I saw a few that had diaper bags and some that had work bags and another couple that were bags for hikes/exploring!!! Don't forget to link up if you do!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness I thought that was Sebastian chapstick! I need some now...

    By the way super cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yay! I got it at the PX! I'm sure you could find it at a walmart though! and thank you!

      Delete
  3. There are sooo many things I have to say about this post of yours (aka I'm apologizing ahead of time for this long comment). :)

    First of all, I'm so glad you linked up! Your blog is adorable, the design is so pretty, and I cannot wait to get to know you better. Welcome to the blogging community!

    Secondly, I am a huuuuge fan of your cute purse + all of the goodies inside of it! It is so well-organized, with so many cute little pouches/bags, and so many great ideas for things to add to my purse, too. I've never heard of that cat self-defense key chain but I love that idea!

    p.s. That honest slogans link was hilarious. Thanks for the laughs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiki! Thank you! I'm glad you like it and I'm excited to get to know you better too and join in on future monthly link ups!! The purse is from Forever 21 (I guess I should have mentioned that since I said where all the other bags were from) In big bags with few pockets I feel like I have to have everything organized in its own little bag! Who am I kidding I keep them in their own little bag regardless of how many pockets there are :) Yes I love the cat ears thing too, "I took an introductory to guns for women" class and they were selling all sorts of self defense things like that! And the honest slogans! I love them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...